I am now in Delhi, my second visit hosted by the prestigious JNU — the campus covers miles!…
Category: India 2015
Now arrived in Delhi. Tired, but looking forward to my stay here,…
One of the major highlights of my visit to Kolkata was discovering Rabindranth Tagore, the Bengali literary giant and Nobel prize winner — the pride of India and Kolkata. An international writer, author of the famous Gitangeli ( which won him the coveted prize), a painter, an educationalist, and world traveller, he was an amazing man who commanded international respect….
I have left the marvellous city of Kolkata, and said goodbye to my great hosts….
Knowledge is Great was the central theme, and Britain was the theme country at the 39th Kolkata Book Fair, bringing alive the works of William Shakespeare and Dylan Thomas in celebration of their 451st and 100th anniversaries, respectively. The three-day Kolkata Literature Festival, which ran inside the book fair, featured myself and Madras Cafe author Prakash Belawadi, and Ashok Banker, the writer of…
Aspiring young writers and bloggers at the Kolkata Literature Festival and International Book Fair…
Enjoyed a fantastic morning at Jadavpur university with my wonderful hosts, moderator, and great students. …
Just sharing some pictures from my session at the international Kolkata Literature Festival & Book Fair during my tour of India….
- Storytelling and Global Futures – Lancaster University January 14, 2018
- An evening with Qaisra Shahraz – Birmingham Waterstones January 14, 2018
- Qaisra Shahraz at Manchester Literature Festival in Elizabeth Gaskell House October 12, 2017
- Ernest Mach Gymnasium – Hurth, Germany October 12, 2017
- Building Cultural Bridges in Dusseldorf, Germany September 6, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Asia Pacific Writers & Translators – Bali 2017 Book Launch August 30, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Ubud Writers & Readers Festival 2017 August 30, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Manchester Literature Festival August 30, 2017