Emerging India Study Guide: An Anthology of Contemporary Indian Short Stories
Emerging India Study Guide: An Anthology of Contemporary Indian Short Stories, co-authored by Thomas Rau and Qaisra Shahraz in 2008, is a frequently set textbook in the German literary education system, and invaluable teaching tool.
Emerging India Study Guide contains detailed summaries and analyses of five short stories, illustrating how the stories interconnect and their relevance to the topics of tradition and change.
Suggestions are made about how to best appreciate the additional material in Emerging India Study Guidebefore reading the stories, and offers numerous tips and ideas about how to apply the newly acquired insights to such creative activities as The Hot Seat, quizzes, writing new endings, and rewriting the stories as a drama or from other perspectives.
In addition, there are several tables to provide students with an overview of the stories, and a sample text for examination. In conclusion is a list of websites that provide additional information about India, and text sources to ensure the best possible preparation for final exams.
To order your copy of Emerging India Study Guide: An Anthology of Contemporary Indian Short Stories, click here
- Building Cultural Bridges in Dusseldorf, Germany September 6, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Asia Pacific Writers & Translators – Bali 2017 Book Launch August 30, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Ubud Writers & Readers Festival 2017 August 30, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Manchester Literature Festival August 30, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Manchester Literature Festival Hosted By Elizabeth Gaskell House August 28, 2017
- Remembering Srebrenica memorial Event at Oldham 6th Form College August 12, 2017
- Launching the Chinese Holy Woman at the Manchester Museum May 28, 2017
- Building Cultural Bridges Through Literature – University of Cologne, Germany May 28, 2017