Venue: Gallerie Toechter & Soehne, Reisholzer Werftstraße 73, 40597 Düsseldorf Date: 20th of September Looking forward to this event in Dusseldorf in two weeks time. Building cultural bridges through interfaith dialogue and literature. Special thanks to Vera of Gallerie Toechter & Soehne, and Micheal Heynen, Executive Director of “Cultural Diplomats”. Full details below.
Event: Manchester Literature Festival 11 October 2017 Date: Wed 11th Oct Time: 6.30pm – 9pm Venue: 84 Plymouth Grove, Manchester, M13 9LW Tel: 0161 273 2215 View Event Details Qaisra Shahraz ‘The Concubine and the Slave Catcher’ As part of the Manchester Literature Festival Elizabeth Gaskell’s House is proud to welcome prize-winning British-Pakistani author Qaisra Shahraz on 11…
Avinashilingam University For Women, Coimbatore, India As an international writer and educationist I was in India to take part in Jaipur and Kerala literature festival and on a 5 city tour. In Coimbatore, in Tamil Nadu I was hosted by the Chancellor of the Avinashilingam Women University, Dr Krishna Kumar and in Kerala by…
I was delighted to take part in Kerala Literature festival. I had a wonderful time! My hosts were terrific, I loved meeting international writers as well as the local Malaylis and those from around India. I was warmly welcomed, looked after and honored including taking part in the inauguration and lighting of one…
Hong Kong – Really looking forward to this event with DIL, Development in Literacy. Delighted to be taking part in promoting education for children. Heartiest Thanks to Najmi Sarwar my host in Hong Kong and Director for DIL and Jennie Orchard, Champion for “Room to Read”, who was keen for me to visit Hong Kong and meet…
I was delighted to attend the Didacta – the wonderful and prestigious German education book fair, very popular with teachers, publishers and parents. Few years ago I visited the fair in Stuttgart. I thoroughly enjoyed my day spent at the book fair and was so looked after by my publisher host, editors and teacher friends….
What a pleasure it was to visit Norbert Gymnasium Catholic School in February when I went to attend the Didacta Book Fair in Cologne. It is a marvelous school in the country side in Dormagen, near the city of Cologne in Germany. This visit was kindly arranged by my friend Ursula Roth of Deutsch-Britische Gesellschaft, Bonn and the…
- Building Cultural Bridges in Dusseldorf, Germany September 6, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Asia Pacific Writers & Translators – Bali 2017 Book Launch August 30, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Ubud Writers & Readers Festival 2017 August 30, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Manchester Literature Festival August 30, 2017
- Qaisra Shahraz at Manchester Literature Festival Hosted By Elizabeth Gaskell House August 28, 2017
- Remembering Srebrenica memorial Event at Oldham 6th Form College August 12, 2017
- Launching the Chinese Holy Woman at the Manchester Museum May 28, 2017
- Building Cultural Bridges Through Literature – University of Cologne, Germany May 28, 2017